You need alsa driver instead oss one that knoppix uses. Havent tryed it yet in knoppix but in my gentoo it works perfectly.
Has anyone managed to get sound in Knoppix with the via8233 onboard sound card? If so, please, please, tell me how! (I'm talking of a HD install, here, with 3.1)
Driving me nuts!
You need alsa driver instead oss one that knoppix uses. Havent tryed it yet in knoppix but in my gentoo it works perfectly.
Trying that: so far no joy with rc.6 so I'll try rc7.
I tried rc7 and still no joy: I get the same old "no /dev/dsp" messages and unable to load messages from that godaweful sndconfig "tool".
Has anyone managed to get _anything_ needing the alsa drivers to work in Gentoo? If so, please tell..........![]()
Hi, at the moment you have to use the rc5, rc6 and rc7 do not workI
hope they will work in the rc8 or in the next version of alsa.
There are some users of the via8233 reporting the bug:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...64&atid=390601
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...64&atid=390601
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...64&atid=390601
Try rc5 or wait for the next release.
Cheers,
Ramon Acedo
Have you managed to handle ethernet card at via motherboard? I'm trying with via epia v800a and while booting it says:
/lib/modules/2.4.19-xfs/kernel/drivers/net/via-rhine.o: init_module: No such device
/lib/modules/2.4.19-xfs/kernel/drivers/net/via-rhine.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.19-xfs/kernel/drivers/net/via-rhine.o: failed
/lib/modules/2.4.19-xfs/kernel/drivers/net/via-rhine.o: insmod via-rhine failed
Output from "lspci -v"
00:12.0 Ethernet controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6102 [Rhine-II] (ver 51)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 15
I/O ports at e800 [size=256]
Memory at eb000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
I'm using Knoppix 3.1 from January 2003.
Hello there,
I am using knoppix 3.2 and I'm having the same sound problems with the via 8233 chipset, does anybody can help me with this, I'm using this from cd, is there any option to use my sound ?
OK I found something else but still no solution.
When I try to configure my soundcard (the via 8233 chipset onboard) sndconfig finds it but seems to be unable to load the modules from the knoppix cd although they are there, however I found somewhere on the cd another place with modules who are packed and there is a via8233 module available BUT and here comes my question.
Since the knoppix cd is write protectedI am unable to place the via8233 module there, so I placed it in my /home/knoppix directory and now I want to add this directory ( yes ADD) to the /lib/modules/2.4.40-xfs/dirvers/sound directory where the other modules are.
How do I do this
Dirk
Try this, as root cd to where the module is located, and then:
insmod ./via82cxxx_audio.o
(or whatever the knoppix module is named, just make sure to put the ./ dot-slash in front of the name)
Note: from what I've read there is not just ONE via8233 audio setup, it depends on the implementation (support chips etc.) on the motherboard.
rock
sigh
So now I sit waiting for a release that fixes this error

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99
Genuine OEM Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter A1619 MK0W2AM/A Sealed New
$24.49
Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$20.59
Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99
Genuine OEM Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable for MacBook Pro Air
$8.99
Genuine OEM Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter A1344 ~ FREE S/H
$12.99
Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$18.00
OEM Genuine For Apple MacBook Air Magsafe 2 45W Power Adapter Charger A1436 NEW
$26.79
apple oem 20w charger usb-c power adapter
$9.99
Apple 96W USB-C Power Adapter - White - Genuine OEM - NEW SEALED - MacBook Pro
$44.99