Newbie here and though I have gotten rather good at compiling kernels, hardly need my crib notes anymore, I certainly stink at configuring them. What I want is to get the source on my hd installed Knoppix 3.3 debian. So I downloaded http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppi...Custom_all.deb
and follow the directions here: http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/tut...el-pkg.html.en.
My home-brewed configurations boot that is all I can say about themI like my present configuration and so gave a try with "make oldconfig" using the config for my hd install here. But it fails to boot, I have kernel panic, no init found. Could someone give me an idea where I went wrong there? In Lilo, I use the same initrd=/boot/initrd.gz as my working kernel. I am missing something really basic here, aren't I?
![]()

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00