Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Simple configuration problems?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    maine
    Posts
    5

    Simple configuration problems?

    I would like to remaster a simple one with the background I want, task bar size and icons, even the clock type or whatever. Where do I look to change this stuff? I would like to put these config files into my .../sources/..., but I can't find what to edit!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    chroot /mnt/hda1/knx/source
    Posts
    10
    Here's what I would do: follow everything like normal and then find a way to boot into this remastered cd, such as configuring grub or lilo or something.

    Now, I'm not sure, but once that's done you get into your new "source" knoppix (without the knoppix cd) and then change stuff there. Since it's a harddisk and not a cd it will save all your preferences and stuff. And then it would be just like remastering a cd as told in the instructions at http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto .

    I've never done this (yet) though, so tell me how it turns out.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    maine
    Posts
    5
    I don't get what your saying.. You think I should do a HD install and make a CD from that? I don't think I could do this (yet - I have too much to learn still to try and change the instructions, I think. Do you know the commands to type for this?
    Thanks so far, but do you have any other suggestions?

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    chroot /mnt/hda1/knx/source
    Posts
    10
    no, i'm saying that by following the remastering instructions you are essentially copying a kernel and all over, so boot that kernel and then customize your desktop

    (so yes essentially you are doing a hd install to *some* extent, but just by following the customizing instructions)

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8
    i actually have a similar problem and was wondering if i could do the same thing. anybody have a sample grub.conf of how to boot from a knoppix kernel? sorry to sound like a noob, but i have tried a few configurations on this with no success

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    Here's a copy of my grub.conf.old

    root (hd0,5)
    install --stage2=/boot/grub/stage2 /boot/grub/stage1 d (hd0) /boot/grub/stage2 0x8000 (hd0,5)/boot/grub/menu.lst
    quit

    regards

    PS sorry you might have been after something else...

Similar Threads

  1. help with simple script
    By bob58 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:25 AM
  2. Keyboard configuration problems
    By jborges in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 02:24 AM
  3. network configuration boot problems
    By mobad in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-29-2004, 02:29 AM
  4. Modem Configuration Problems
    By Kowood in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 01:18 PM
  5. Simple remastering
    By veuf in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 10:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Commodore 64/128 RF delete picture

Commodore 64/128 RF delete

$25.00



Commodore 64 Console Retro working Home Computer w/ Original Box picture

Commodore 64 Console Retro working Home Computer w/ Original Box

$200.00



Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW picture

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW

$11.99



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore 64 Computer & 1541 Single Floppy Disk Drive - No PwrCrds - FOR PARTS picture

Commodore 64 Computer & 1541 Single Floppy Disk Drive - No PwrCrds - FOR PARTS

$160.00



Vintage Commodore 128 C128 Personal Computer For Parts/No Power Supply picture

Vintage Commodore 128 C128 Personal Computer For Parts/No Power Supply

$149.95



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$39.99



Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA picture

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA

$10.49



Commodore OS Vision 3.0 | Bootable USB Install | Linux Gaming OS picture

Commodore OS Vision 3.0 | Bootable USB Install | Linux Gaming OS

$24.99



Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99