-
Senior Member
registered user
recompiling knoppix kernel
Newbie here and though I have gotten rather good at compiling kernels, hardly need my crib notes anymore, I certainly stink at configuring them. What I want is to get the source on my hd installed Knoppix 3.3 debian. So I downloaded http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppi...Custom_all.deb
and follow the directions here: http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/tut...el-pkg.html.en.
My home-brewed configurations boot that is all I can say about them
I like my present configuration and so gave a try with "make oldconfig" using the config for my hd install here. But it fails to boot, I have kernel panic, no init found. Could someone give me an idea where I went wrong there? In Lilo, I use the same initrd=/boot/initrd.gz as my working kernel. I am missing something really basic here, aren't I?
Similar Threads
-
By fester in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 04:15 AM
-
By quantum-x in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-24-2004, 02:37 AM
-
By toltech in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 10:52 PM
-
By bangmandsl in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 10:29 PM
-
By davidHarris in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 05:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$119.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung Chromebook 4 11.6" HD, N4000, 6GB, 64GB EMMC, Platinum Titan
$165.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77