-
Why does it have to be so damn tough???
This is the thing with Linux. I am a PC user tempted by a recent magazine article to try out Linux on my desktop.
Knoppix seemed to be a good "non commital" bet so I came here.
Only to find that I have to jump through hoop after hoop to get it.
The download link takes you to a page full of files and there is no indication which ones I need or why.
Why no distribution package? I just want to download a single obvious file and extract it when it gets here.
And why does it seem that the latest version is not here? This is the Knoppix project home right?
I will persevere & maybe I'll manage to get this thing onto a CD (though the FAQ stuff suggests a few more hurdles ahead).
But all through this process I am wondering why oh why are there so many barriers in the way?
M1
Similar Threads
-
By eon in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 04:43 AM
-
By blipped4 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 12:06 AM
-
By looney in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 02:18 PM
-
By mschievano in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-17-2004, 05:21 PM
-
By Leg0z in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-22-2003, 10:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994
$119.99

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

Vintage Digital Research Concurrent DOS 386 multi-user operating System software
$100.00

Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made
$85.00

Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box
$100.00

ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts
$44.89

Vintage ISA Expansion Card Lot Async Serial I/O Printer Game RAM Untested
$107.29