-
dial on demand router for analog
Hello
My problem is that I'm trying to make an absolutely dau-proof router, so I copied the entire folder on hd, made a chroot and am now trying to set the hd-running knoppix as a complete router for dial on demand via analog modem before I'll later make an image of it and have a preconfigured cd-router.
But the thing is, I simply can't get the pppd to run with the demand-option. It always says that the daemon died of uncompatible options, whenever I activate it.
Now in the man pages it says something about dial on demand having trouble with dynamic IPs, because it needs to know the ISP-IP beforehand. But surely there is a way to use this with the normal dynamic-IP-ISPs, is there? Or is there some other problem that I just didn't see?
and where in this whole mix do I need to worry about wvdial, which I'm currently using to invoke the pppd?
I really hope that someone can help me with this mess, be it by posting a link or giving a short explanation.
Thanks a lot already ^_^;;
Similar Threads
-
By downdogWoof in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-07-2004, 03:57 PM
-
By probono in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-26-2004, 05:58 AM
-
By convert in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-22-2004, 02:01 AM
-
By Fridolino in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-17-2004, 01:09 PM
-
By fgeller in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00