Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Going back to windows

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10

    Going back to windows

    unfortunately I need to go back from a full linux install to windows (for doing coursework at home) and I've lost my windows install disks. But, I do have a norton ghost disc with the harddrive image stored on it, so would I be able to use that instead? It's just so I don't have to go get a new version of windows. Can anyone help?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7
    In therory it _should_ but i'm not sure of how to install it, i dunno if linux can help you there... note you'd have to reformat your HDD to FAT32/NTFS (whichevery you use) for Windows to work

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10
    yeh thats what I was thinking, currently all partitions are for linux, so I'm assuming I'd need to format them to DOS?
    edit; ok reset partitions as W95 FAT32, reset with the norton ghost disc present and CD-ROM as first boot choice, still goes to the knoppix loader. I think I'll probably need to create it as an el torito disc

Similar Threads

  1. Switching Windows Manager (back to KDE)
    By TMan63 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 09:26 PM
  2. going back to windows
    By SpankySTD in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 08:49 PM
  3. How to get Alt-F2 back?
    By Craig2 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2004, 02:22 PM
  4. How do i get back into KDE?
    By dtk in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 02:58 PM
  5. CD to HDD and back again
    By spreadthecream in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2003, 02:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99