Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem booting saved configuration

  1. #1

    Problem booting saved configuration

    I am using knoppix-std 0.1. I have been trying to use the save configuration to floppy to save myself some time. I went through and configured the screen size and network settings, then saved to floppy. When I boot back up I first tried the commands "knoppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy" and then "knoppix myconfig=scan" like Knoppix says, but neither worked. I found references to use "knoppix floppyconf" and that seems to work better. I at least get my screen size. However, my wireless card won't work; in fact knoppix doesn't even see it after trying to boot from my saved config. Judging by the messages in the boot sequence it seems like it's trying to update the cards settings but the card is "already in use" so it can't. Any help would be great. Wifi card is an Orinoco Gold card. PC is a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    12

    Saving Configuration

    Hej !
    I also saved configuration but when robooting i cant see the option knoppix myconfig=scan.I mean where i can write this commnad..The knoppix boot by itself and there is no place during boot where I can enter above commnad
    Thanx in adavance !
    YogB

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    When knoppix boots you see a prompt at the bottom saying "boot:"
    There you can type in any cheatcodes you want like "knoppix myconfig=scan"
    For the wifi you could try adding the cheatcode "nosmp".

Similar Threads

  1. I saved configuration file in wrong place
    By oddgeezer in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 03:59 AM
  2. Applying Saved Configuration While Knoppix is running...
    By bioll321 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 04:01 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 07:56 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 12:29 PM
  5. How is Kboppix configuration info saved?
    By Harry Kuhman in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 11:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair

$88.75



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD picture

Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD

$49.97