What kind of Chipset does it have?Originally Posted by Axiomatico
If you are unsure, post the model #.
Let us know,
Walter
Well Iīm more than a newy in this kind of OS but I want to learn in orther to get free from Mr Bill monster (also call windows). Well hereīs the problem I have a PcChips motherboard and i canīt boot Knoppix linux. The processor is a PIII 450Mhz, so you can see it is quite an old computer. Iīve tried putting this when te program starts:
knoppix lang=us screen=1024x768 dma desktop=kde
And the only thing I can see its a penguin in a black screen.![]()
Thanks
Pablo
What kind of Chipset does it have?Originally Posted by Axiomatico
If you are unsure, post the model #.
Let us know,
Walter
I bet this is a PC-Chips motherboard with shared video ram. The graphics uses some of the system ram and this will confuse Knoppix. If you have 128MB use 'mem=120M' for example as well as using the 'screen= and see how you get on. (typically the maximum amount of shared memory is 2/4 or 8MB)
Good luck. Stu.....
I have a PC Chips motherboard that is even older than yours. It is a socket 7, and has a 233 MMX installed.
What worked for me was to make sure that "Assign IRQ for VGA" is DISABLED under "BIOS Features Setup" in the BIOS.
It worked for me with only 64 Meg of EDO Ram installed.
Regards,
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!
Forgive me about the time Iīve let pass without reply, but the sistem failures in notifying me. I will try all your items, YOUīRE THE BEST.
ORION![]()

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco C3850-NM-2-40G Cisco Catalyst 3850 2x40GE Network Module- Fast Shipping
$269.00