Have a look here.
Oh and BTW the proper way to add something to /etc/init.d is:
update-rc.d iptables defaults
Yes, I know I could always apt-get GuardDog or something, but I'm looking to learn about how to set up iptables here, so hear me out.
What I have done is stuck a symbolic link in the /etc/rcS.d directory "S09iptables" and linked it to /etc/init.d/iptables
iptables doesn't work (there are no rules), and I'm not sure where iptables expects a file to be for it, or what it is looking for exactly.
Can anyone help me out here?
And can someone stick a firewall in Knoppix by default for HD installs?![]()
Have a look here.
Oh and BTW the proper way to add something to /etc/init.d is:
update-rc.d iptables defaults
Thanks for the tip. I'm scrounging the script file now, and learnign a lot about the nitty gritty of iptables.
Before, I didn't know you could hack the proc ip4 directory to stop loads of different icmp and spoof attacks...!

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99