Check this out :
http://www.knoppix-std.org/forum/vie...ghlight=chntpw
Ok, so I’m a complete nub on Linux (remember that)
Now, my mom is getting old and came down with Parkinson’s disease last year. Day by day she’s loosing her mind and I have to sit back and watch.
About six months ago she lost her password to her computer. Since she never uses it anymore I never thought about trying to recover it. But now she needs some important files and emails regarding her past work.
A friend told me about this program (he too doesn’t know shit), and said i should try my hands at making it work. Well.. Its been 2 weeks now and I cannot do anything.
I can get into the password tools area, and launch the chntpw screen. From there I have no idea what to do. i have tried chntpw -l, or chntpw -u, and it just says some random ish. Im sure im just missing the basic Linux format to be able to run the commands. So, can someone give me a rundown on how to use this? Please be as basic as possible to relieve any confusion that might arise.
THANK YOU!
Check this out :
http://www.knoppix-std.org/forum/vie...ghlight=chntpw

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.66