Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Umm.. arrow keys sometimes don't work in textmode programs

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    Umm.. arrow keys sometimes don't work in textmode programs

    -2 week n00b
    After mutilating countless hd installs I decided to create an image of the partition. (Gotta break it to learn it ) I went to use partimage but I'm not able to use the arrow keys to select the partiton in the list (I know I can just commandline the procedure but thats not the point). At the same time the function key assignments of partimage don't work either inside bash/konsole. I was going to dismiss this as some weird isolated problem until I went to mess with apt-get upgrade. The CUPs configuration menu came up asking me to select backends but the damn arrows keys failed to work again. I checked language and keyboard layout settings and everything looks kosher. Arrow keys do work in bash to 'scroll' thru command history... what am I missing here?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2

    Solution

    After some more tinkering I've found the problem was the shared Newt library [libnewt0.51] that comes default on Knoppix 3.3

    So any programs based on Newt will not fully function on knoppix 3.3 without updating.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 07:14 AM
  2. textmode (i.e. the startup scroll and /dev/tty1) out of sync
    By ocschwar in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 09:19 PM
  3. toshiba and F12 keys
    By metavoid in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:22 PM
  4. knoppix console in textmode
    By CapnKirk in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 07:26 PM
  5. OpenOffice Keys
    By Viro in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 11:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Excellent Condition EXXACT Server AMD 2x EPYC Turin / 1.1T Memory 24x 48GB DDR5 picture

Excellent Condition EXXACT Server AMD 2x EPYC Turin / 1.1T Memory 24x 48GB DDR5

$40000.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$41.19



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections

$60.00