-
Starting X11 Error in Install of Knoppix 3.3
Okay heres the basic info....newbie...want to learn linux...still want to keep windows....made partiton with partion magic 4.5 gigs for linux....64mb ram....HP Pavilion (ya its crap)....I can run the CD and though it moves pretty slow it still works....I ran through the tutorial to install on my hard drive and when I press ctrl-alt-f1 the screen switches to the root screen and it says error starting X11....I type the knx-hdinstall and it says something about error with memory sending kill and then it hangs....any help would be great
-
I did some research and when I found that we are supposed to use knoppix-installer instead of hdinstall.....so I went to the root menu and got the same starting x11 error and the full error is cannot intialize the agpart module. /lib/modules/2.4.22-xfs/kernal/char/drmi810.o: init_module cannot allocate memory
and the install error I just got after it says that its not stable and to back up yo stuff it gives me this "install error: expexted at least 7 tokensfor --checklist, have 4 use help to list options
any help would be great
Similar Threads
-
By nmz787 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
-
By Rain7 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-04-2004, 06:06 AM
-
By porchy in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 04:59 PM
-
By Rod in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 07:37 PM
-
By bit in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-16-2003, 06:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98