Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Apt-Get Tells me i am missing depends but I have them...

  1. #1

    Apt-Get Tells me i am missing depends but I have them...

    Hello,
    I am trying to reinstall my KDE as it got removed when i did an apt-get dist-upgrade.

    I think i understand what i need to do to get that going again but, I am runing in to this problem:

    To install KDE it tells me i need kpackage. Ok no problem, I do an apt-get install kpackage and it tells me:

    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    kpackage: Depends: librpm4 (>= 4.0.3) but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: rpm (>= 4.0.3-0) but it is not going to be installed
    E: Broken packages


    The problem is I have both librpm4 and rpm on my system in the newest versions.

    I don't know what to do , i'm stuck.

  2. #2

    I got it...

    I removed rpm and librpm4 and reinstalled them and it worked!

Similar Threads

  1. kuser missing?
    By peterjm in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 08:24 PM
  2. Circular depends ... Knoppix versions toDebian
    By BillS in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 12:43 PM
  3. missing from my Knoppix CD???
    By finder in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 09:18 PM
  4. 1 or 2 processors? Depends upon which CD I boot
    By BillS in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 07:54 PM
  5. Would like to customise Knoppix depends on user.
    By anonjoe in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 08:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM 01YM308 Storwize V7000 G3 for 2076-724 Internal Storage System Control Node picture

IBM 01YM308 Storwize V7000 G3 for 2076-724 Internal Storage System Control Node

$749.99



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99