-
Junior Member
registered user
Can't kill gs, can't print.
My PC running Knoppix 3.3 as a hd install is not capable of printing anymore. The CPU is loaded all the time with gs. When I do "ps aux" to see the processes PIDs, I see two that are runnable (stat R) with user "lp" and I see gs in the COMMAND. I try to do a kill of these PIDs, but they wont get off. If I try to go through the KDE launcher menu to configure the printer, the mouse icon changes to busy and then returns to normal without showing me the printer dialogs. However, I am capable of booting from the Knoppix CD and printing.
Any ideas please?
[email protected]
Similar Threads
-
By Seyyapc in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-05-2005, 10:02 PM
-
By nishtya in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 08:59 AM
-
By KnoppiXRuleZ in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 03:10 AM
-
By stukennedyuk in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-12-2003, 08:40 PM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 05:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00

Dell OptiPlex 5050 SFF Core i5-7500, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Win11 PRO Up
$89.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$395.00

HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...
$399.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF
$429.00

Dell Latitude 7200 Touch Tablet Laptop 12” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$229.99

HP ENVY 2-in-1 Convertible Intel Core i7 8th Gen Windows Silver w/Charger
$185.00