-
Junior Member
registered user
OK. I'm going to do this again. I'll try a Debian style install using the new installer. First swapoff dev/hda(x), so I can repartition. Then I will delete all partitions. Next I will create a 512meg swap partition HDA1 (at beginning of drive for performance). I will then create a primary 2 gig (HDA2) ext3 for root. The rest will be another primary (HDA3) ext3 partition.
I will run mkswap /dev/hda1 and install into the 2 Gig partition.
I'm not sure how the installer sets up all the various partitions. Will I now have /usr /var /home partitions in /dev/hda2? Do I need to reconfigure so /dev/hda3 is /home?
Similar Threads
-
By Luke Riches in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 08:15 AM
-
By mike19 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-14-2004, 01:11 AM
-
By c123 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 09:31 AM
-
By bigjohn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-27-2003, 12:33 PM
-
By Slo in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 06:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95