I have a feeling that there is a optimum size for a swap partition and that it is better to have multiple swaps of around 128Meg. I read this some time ago and can't find the reference, so some of the other forummers might be able to correct me on this one. Basically (if I remember right) the swap needs to be 2xRAM size. man mkswap.

I set up a seperate partition for the /home directory which I mounted ('mount /mny/hda9' - the partition is, obviously, hda9) I then copied all the /home directory files onto the partition (make a note of the respective permissions of the /home directory and the directories in the original /home and in the newly mounted partition and make sure that they all match)

Delete the directories in /home. Obviously you won't be in a graphical login (except root which doesn't have it's home directory in /home).

Edit /etc/fstab so that the partition mounts at /home and replace the 'noauto,users,etc,etc..' with 'defaults'

Umount the partition and 'mount /home'

Or, if you want to do it the windows way, Reboot