My PC running Knoppix 3.3 as a hd install is not capable of printing anymore. The CPU is loaded all the time with gs. When I do "ps aux" to see the processes PIDs, I see two that are runnable (stat R) with user "lp" and I see gs in the COMMAND. I try to do a kill of these PIDs, but they wont get off. If I try to go through the KDE launcher menu to configure the printer, the mouse icon changes to busy and then returns to normal without showing me the printer dialogs. However, I am capable of booting from the Knoppix CD and printing.
Any ideas please?
[email protected]

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00
VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00
Apple Mac Microphone Vintage 1990 Model 590-0618-A Original Box Japan AUX Gray
$14.95
185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00
Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **
$99.99
2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00
READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots
$850.00
Vintage Apple Mac mini CIB (2009 Mod A1283) Original box/sealed manuals
$450.00
Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2
$109.99