-
Newbie Problem - Unable to mount root fs on 01:01 etc
I am very new to using linux/Knoppix. I am using v3.1 Rel 01 01 2003 beta
After I type in knoppix lang=us I then get - initrd extends beyond end of memory (0x0eff452e > 0x0eff0000 and
Kernal Panic:VFS Unable to mount root fs on 01:01
If I use failsafe I just get the kernal panic.
I am very new to Knoppix and linux and obtained the disk so I could see how linux works by just booting from the cd
Any help would be appreciated
Regards
Tony Magon
Sydney AUSTRALIA
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi Tony. You should check out the cheat code list in the Docs section. There are two things there that may help.
There is an option to specifiy memory size. There is a comment that goes along with this option stating, "Some Boards apparently don't pass the proper memory size to the linux-kernel. It may cause the message "Panic cannot mount root file system" and the system hangs." This may be the source of your problems.
Also I suggest using the testcd option. It may be that you have a bad disc.
Try these things out and let us know how it goes.
Cheers.
Similar Threads
-
By helkyd in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 PM
-
By rbivins in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 03:44 AM
-
By jdota in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 04:26 AM
-
By biohazard in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 02:55 AM
-
By ventallo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 07:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

NOB AlfaData AlfaScan Plus Hand Scanner for Commodore Amiga 256 Grayscale RARE
$149.99

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive
$135.00