-
Senior Member
registered user
I had this problem when I ran out of space/wanted to use a new partition for my home directory. I changed fstab, but without going into detail, the change to fstab stopped me from viewing my existing /home directory, i.e. I remounted my new volume over the old /home directory. I puzzled for ages over this and in the end I didn't change fstab but instead I put a soft link in the home directory to the actual directory I wanted to use. (On the other partition).
This works but I bet it's not the correct way to do it! I expect you would have problems as you add new users, but this is no problem for me as I am the only user!
Stu.....
Similar Threads
-
By radnor in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 02:58 PM
-
By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 01:09 AM
-
By liebrand in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 04:28 PM
-
By stukennedyuk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 02:55 PM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-12-2003, 02:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00

SANDISK ULTRA 3D NAND 1TB SSD SATA III 6 GB/S 2.5" /7 (SDSSDH3-1T02)
$138.56