-
Make it smaller
I have several old computers running 4 gb hard drives. I have them at my office, and they run Windows 2k. I would like to put Knoppix on them but if I did then I wouldn't have much room for software I want to install. Could the next version of Knoppix have an option to just install KDE and the basic stuff needed for compiling and other common things? Or mabey just packae selection. I don't need 2 office suites, 2 browsers and 10 text editors, I'm fine with one.
-
Senior Member
registered user
check out damn small linux.
it is based on knoppix. then you can use apt-get install to install everything you like to have in adition (like KDE ) but KDE are among the largest in the entire dist together with OO, and Mozilla.
EDIT DSL is only a 47Mb iso /EDIT
Similar Threads
-
By lotech in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-29-2005, 11:45 AM
-
By gummimann in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 12
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 06:19 PM
-
By umbra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 07:20 PM
-
By newguy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-08-2003, 10:50 PM
-
By in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-19-2002, 07:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Silent Service Atari 1040/520 ST Disk By Microprose Factory Sealed- BRAND NEW
$24.99

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95