Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Make it smaller

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    6

    Make it smaller

    I have several old computers running 4 gb hard drives. I have them at my office, and they run Windows 2k. I would like to put Knoppix on them but if I did then I wouldn't have much room for software I want to install. Could the next version of Knoppix have an option to just install KDE and the basic stuff needed for compiling and other common things? Or mabey just packae selection. I don't need 2 office suites, 2 browsers and 10 text editors, I'm fine with one.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    check out damn small linux.
    it is based on knoppix. then you can use apt-get install to install everything you like to have in adition (like KDE ) but KDE are among the largest in the entire dist together with OO, and Mozilla.
    EDIT DSL is only a 47Mb iso /EDIT

Similar Threads

  1. A smaller knoppix
    By lotech in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2005, 11:45 AM
  2. A smaller Knoppix distro
    By gummimann in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 06:19 PM
  3. HDD Smaller than 2.2 GB
    By umbra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 07:20 PM
  4. Smaller versions
    By newguy in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 10:50 PM
  5. smaller Knoppix install?
    By in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-19-2002, 07:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01