-
Junior Member
registered user
Blank screen after starting X11
I am struggling to run knoppix on a machine that is my main linux box.
Its starts fine, goes as far as entering run level 5, then I see starting X11, then the screen goes blank and after a while the monitor goes on standby.
The CD and hard drive keep working so I guess its a video card / monitor issue.
The videocard is an onboard ATI 3D rage pro and the monitor a Mag 1595
This occurs with both knoppix 3.3 and knoppix 3.4-ct
I have installed RH 9 and SUSE 9 Pro on this machine before without a problem
I've looked in the FAQs and tried running as VGA=VESA and the other one recommended ( this is from memory so I could have got it the wrong way around)
Can any one point me in the right direction?
thanks a mil
:P
Similar Threads
-
By nuB71705 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-18-2005, 06:20 AM
-
By basa in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 01:00 PM
-
By Fish in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 10:37 PM
-
By edraven in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 06:24 PM
-
By slime101 in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 01:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable
$155.00

Atari 850 Interface Module Vintage 8-Bit Computer Expansion Serial Parallel Box
$159.95

Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD
$49.97

Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box
$200.00

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

Atari 800 Home Computer Later Variant In Original Styro W/ BASIC CLEAN Untested
$249.99

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00