-
Junior Member
registered user
PROBLEM SOLVED !
A bright fellow in the Edmonton Linux Users' Group suggested "Flaky UART" as the problem. So I moved the modem to my second machine, ran a new copy of Knoppix 3.3 (Feb), configured the modem, and it "just works"!
Funnily, the UART serves Win2k fine. Still. I'll swap it for curiosity's sake. It's on a Shuttle (!) AV61 board.
I think this newbie has learned a lesson worth sharing: "when at first you don't succeed, try, try again..... NOT !
I'm convinced that troubleshooting a problem is best done looking in the easy places for solutions first, and trying easy fixes first, before looking for obscure solutions and hammering, hammering away.
In an hour, I could have switched to my second (or someone else's) machine.....and saved myself a month of frustration.
chada
Similar Threads
-
By wsg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 23
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:06 PM
-
By edochan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-20-2004, 02:20 AM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$128.96

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08