-
Junior Member
registered user
Ndiswrapper succes stories
Has anyone gotten ndiswrapper to work with their card? If so, please post how you got it to work, and the hardware you are running. This could help me and everyone else looking for help!
-
Junior Member
registered user
Linksys WPC54G card
Running ndiswrapper-0.6
I checked the instructions and followed them to the letter. I copied my windows xp drivers to the ndiswrapper directory.
Now on bootup all I have to do is drop to a shell and type the following:
iwcongig wlan0
iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
iwconfig wlan0 essid myessid " whatever your essid is"
Now I run netcardconfig and allow DHCP
Everything works fine. The only problem I have had is after I appied my windows xp updates I couldn't get it working. I checked the forums here and found a little command that done the trick...
sudo mii-tool-r
Hope this helps some.... I'm still new and have a long ways to go !!!
-
Junior Member
registered user
Opps typo on the above message:
Should have read iwconfig wlan0 NOT iwcogig wlan0
Sorry !!
-
Junior Member
registered user
Got it to work with the Intel Centrino Pro2100 chipset of my Toshiba TECRA M1 by just following the Ndiswrapper v0.7 installation instructions.
-
ndiswrapper success story
I'd like to add a me too!
I've got an MSI PC54G. I used driverloader by Linuxant first, but the driver expired after 30 days. I found ndiswrapper, followed the directions and it just plains works.
The only complaint I have now is that I have to run wavelan configuration everytime I reboot.
-
Now here's the fun part. Has anyone gotten it to work using Live CD Knoppix? If you ask me, installing Knoppix on your HD is really pointless.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Ninja
Now here's the fun part. Has anyone gotten it to work using Live CD Knoppix? If you ask me, installing Knoppix on your HD is really pointless.
The new Kanotix has the NDIS wrapper on it by default so you might want to give it a try.
-
i have ndiswrapper on knoppix 3,7... but i can't find hda1 partition, when i browse for driver...
-

Originally Posted by
Ninja
Now here's the fun part. Has anyone gotten it to work using Live CD Knoppix? If you ask me, installing Knoppix on your HD is really pointless.
Yup, I have ...
Detailed instructions are found on the sticky post Success with Knoppix 3.6 and Wireless networking. That was done using the LiveCD and ndiswrapper with both Belkin PCI and notebook cards.
I did change my HD under M$ and create a folder high in the file hierarchy for convenience. E.g. I created C:\Belkin to put the requisite .inf file in there, but strictly speaking as long as you can navigate to where the file is, that is all you need to do.
HTH
Grant D. Vallance
Similar Threads
-
By mlidman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 01:37 AM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum News
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-10-2005, 08:19 PM
-
By cyph3r in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-25-2004, 08:22 PM
-
By urbster1 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 08:27 AM
-
By methodmano in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-04-2004, 11:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$140.00