Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: KDE 3.1

  1. #1

    KDE 3.1

    Hi,

    Does anyone know if there is a guide to installing KDE 3.1 on a remastered version of Knoppix 3.1? I have the all the debs.

    Thanx all!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    Do you mean KDE3.1 on the regular Knoppix CD in place of KDE3.0 or on the hard drive?

  3. #3

    kde 3.1

    Yes, id like to install it on a remastered version of knoppix.

    I have been working on a little project for a number of weeks to create a remastered version of knoppix, without openoffice and other apps that are useless on knoppix in my opinion, and replace them with crypto tools, lighter office packages and better games, id like to add kde3.1 to that list because on reading reviews, it seems much faster.

    I have no idea what to do however, I have all the relevant *.deb files from the free cds of LinuxFormat magazine (UK), and I dont have an internet connection so I cant apt-get files from the web (i make do with buying new cds of current to update my running debian woody system).

  4. #4

    kde3.1

    Sorry, I'll rephrase that. I know how to remaster a knoppix cd, I've done so a few times, all successfully in last couple of months, but I dont know how to install kde3.1 on knoppix, in place of kde3.0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MIcronics 486 Motherboard Bundle (486DX/50, 64MB RAM) Rare Vintage Mint picture

MIcronics 486 Motherboard Bundle (486DX/50, 64MB RAM) Rare Vintage Mint

$99.00



🔥 Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS � picture

🔥 Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS �

$216.30



Vintage Commodore 64 Big Box Game Boxes Manuals Enchanter Dragon Riders Of Pern picture

Vintage Commodore 64 Big Box Game Boxes Manuals Enchanter Dragon Riders Of Pern

$189.99



Vintage Commodore 64 C64 Box Game Boxes & Manuals Only Lot EA Accolade  picture

Vintage Commodore 64 C64 Box Game Boxes & Manuals Only Lot EA Accolade

$199.99



SuperMac Technologies Spectrum/8 0006945 Rv J Vintage Macintosh NuBus Video Card picture

SuperMac Technologies Spectrum/8 0006945 Rv J Vintage Macintosh NuBus Video Card

$129.00



Vintage Franklin Ace 1000 computer picture

Vintage Franklin Ace 1000 computer

$120.00



Vintage Media Vision Pro Audio Studio PAS16 ISA Sound Card 650-0060 A. PC picture

Vintage Media Vision Pro Audio Studio PAS16 ISA Sound Card 650-0060 A. PC

$90.00



Assorted Vintage Lot of Apple Macintosh items picture

Assorted Vintage Lot of Apple Macintosh items

$100.00



Vintage computer AMD K6-2 300 MHz 96 MB ram No HDD/No OS picture

Vintage computer AMD K6-2 300 MHz 96 MB ram No HDD/No OS

$79.99



Vintage Intel iPDS-100  Personal Development System picture

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System

$1499.99