Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: KDE 3.1

  1. #1

    KDE 3.1

    Hi,

    Does anyone know if there is a guide to installing KDE 3.1 on a remastered version of Knoppix 3.1? I have the all the debs.

    Thanx all!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    Do you mean KDE3.1 on the regular Knoppix CD in place of KDE3.0 or on the hard drive?

  3. #3

    kde 3.1

    Yes, id like to install it on a remastered version of knoppix.

    I have been working on a little project for a number of weeks to create a remastered version of knoppix, without openoffice and other apps that are useless on knoppix in my opinion, and replace them with crypto tools, lighter office packages and better games, id like to add kde3.1 to that list because on reading reviews, it seems much faster.

    I have no idea what to do however, I have all the relevant *.deb files from the free cds of LinuxFormat magazine (UK), and I dont have an internet connection so I cant apt-get files from the web (i make do with buying new cds of current to update my running debian woody system).

  4. #4

    kde3.1

    Sorry, I'll rephrase that. I know how to remaster a knoppix cd, I've done so a few times, all successfully in last couple of months, but I dont know how to install kde3.1 on knoppix, in place of kde3.0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder picture

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder

$3.99



P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N picture

P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N

$1100.00



4x 8GB Samsung DDR4 2133MHz PC4-2133P 1Rx4 ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB picture

4x 8GB Samsung DDR4 2133MHz PC4-2133P 1Rx4 ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB

$120.00



⚙️ Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y DDR4 Registered ECC Server RAM M393A4K40CB2-CVFCO picture

⚙️ Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y DDR4 Registered ECC Server RAM M393A4K40CB2-CVFCO

$230.00



4 x SKHynix 8GB  1Rx8 PC4-3200AA ECC Server RAM Memory HMA81GR7CJR8N-XN picture

4 x SKHynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA ECC Server RAM Memory HMA81GR7CJR8N-XN

$199.99



Samsung 32GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K2LC4DE0-CCTGM DDR5 RAM Memory picture

Samsung 32GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K2LC4DE0-CCTGM DDR5 RAM Memory

$550.00



Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory picture

Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory

$2150.00



2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17 picture

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17

$3.35



6 in 1 USB 3.0 Type C Card Reader SD Micro SD TF OTG Memory Adapter Laptop PC US picture

6 in 1 USB 3.0 Type C Card Reader SD Micro SD TF OTG Memory Adapter Laptop PC US

$3.95