-
Senior Member
registered user
opening x programs as su root
In Knoppix installed to the hard drive, it is possible to open X programs from a console program automatically as root. For example, if I login to KDE as a user, open Konsole, su to become root, then enter a command like "kwrite", a new window will open up, allowing me to run kwrite as root.
If I install Debian using the official installer, I cannot open X programs as root. Does anyone know how Knoppix does it? In my normal Debian system, I have to enter the command "xhost local:root" to give root permission to open a display. I would like root to automatically have permission from my user account every time I log on. I know it introduces some security issues, but I don't care. It is very convenient to have the ability to open windows as root from a console.
I know this is a little off topic (sorry).
Similar Threads
-
By michinom in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-07-2005, 01:55 AM
-
By chris-harry in forum Ideas
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 07:29 AM
-
By redss in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 03:25 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 03:04 AM
-
By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 07:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99

HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$140.00