Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: NIC not found after HD install

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    15

    NIC not found after HD install

    I've done a HD install of 3.4-c't version but when I try and configure the nic I get a " no supported network cards found"

    before the install and also after the install when booting of the CD it finds the nic fine.

    I've tried to the limit of my very limited knowledge, but have not got anywhere, so would appreciate any pointers.

    thanks

    DinB

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Well first of all we need to know what kind of NIC you have. Please post the entire output of lspci -v

    Also please post the entire output of lsmod

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    15
    thanks for the reply

    uhm now I am confused as when I booted the machine to get the settings it picked up the NIC fine.

    The only change to the machine is that I had been testing a digital TV card in that box to see if it was picked up by the 2.6 Kernel. I removed it last night and put it back in a windows box.

    thanks for trying to help anyway and I'll post more info should I have another issue in the future

    DinB

Similar Threads

  1. kernel 2.6 no init found on hd install
    By tortele in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 06:26 PM
  2. NIC Card not found after hd install
    By camper in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-28-2003, 05:47 AM
  3. failed hdd-install (no init found)
    By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:03 PM
  4. Network not found after hd install.
    By .-=Ronin=-. in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 08:47 PM
  5. hnx-install not found
    By ast in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A picture

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A

$34.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520 picture

Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520

$29.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU

$50.00



M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health picture

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health

$35.99



2 x SanDisk Plus SDSSDA 2.5

2 x SanDisk Plus SDSSDA 2.5" 240GB Solid State Drive

$29.50



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00