Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: NIC not found after HD install

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    15

    NIC not found after HD install

    I've done a HD install of 3.4-c't version but when I try and configure the nic I get a " no supported network cards found"

    before the install and also after the install when booting of the CD it finds the nic fine.

    I've tried to the limit of my very limited knowledge, but have not got anywhere, so would appreciate any pointers.

    thanks

    DinB

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Well first of all we need to know what kind of NIC you have. Please post the entire output of lspci -v

    Also please post the entire output of lsmod

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    15
    thanks for the reply

    uhm now I am confused as when I booted the machine to get the settings it picked up the NIC fine.

    The only change to the machine is that I had been testing a digital TV card in that box to see if it was picked up by the 2.6 Kernel. I removed it last night and put it back in a windows box.

    thanks for trying to help anyway and I'll post more info should I have another issue in the future

    DinB

Similar Threads

  1. kernel 2.6 no init found on hd install
    By tortele in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 06:26 PM
  2. NIC Card not found after hd install
    By camper in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-28-2003, 05:47 AM
  3. failed hdd-install (no init found)
    By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:03 PM
  4. Network not found after hd install.
    By .-=Ronin=-. in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 08:47 PM
  5. hnx-install not found
    By ast in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


G-Technology G-SPEED Shuttle XL 8-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID ENCLOSURE ONLY picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Shuttle XL 8-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID ENCLOSURE ONLY

$550.00



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI) picture

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)

$359.00



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US picture

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US

$49.50



BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller picture

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller

$714.99



Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 4x Cad 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers picture

Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 4x Cad 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers

$164.95