Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: NIC not found after HD install

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    15

    NIC not found after HD install

    I've done a HD install of 3.4-c't version but when I try and configure the nic I get a " no supported network cards found"

    before the install and also after the install when booting of the CD it finds the nic fine.

    I've tried to the limit of my very limited knowledge, but have not got anywhere, so would appreciate any pointers.

    thanks

    DinB

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Well first of all we need to know what kind of NIC you have. Please post the entire output of lspci -v

    Also please post the entire output of lsmod

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    15
    thanks for the reply

    uhm now I am confused as when I booted the machine to get the settings it picked up the NIC fine.

    The only change to the machine is that I had been testing a digital TV card in that box to see if it was picked up by the 2.6 Kernel. I removed it last night and put it back in a windows box.

    thanks for trying to help anyway and I'll post more info should I have another issue in the future

    DinB

Similar Threads

  1. kernel 2.6 no init found on hd install
    By tortele in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 06:26 PM
  2. NIC Card not found after hd install
    By camper in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-28-2003, 05:47 AM
  3. failed hdd-install (no init found)
    By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:03 PM
  4. Network not found after hd install.
    By .-=Ronin=-. in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 08:47 PM
  5. hnx-install not found
    By ast in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU picture

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU

$279.99



NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11 picture

NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11

$450.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon Gold 6248R 3.0GHz 24-Core SRGZG 35.75MB LGA3647 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon Gold 6248R 3.0GHz 24-Core SRGZG 35.75MB LGA3647 Server CPU Processor

$269.99



HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$140.00



For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX picture

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX

$149.99