Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix mounted ReiserFS partition as SWAP!?!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix mounted ReiserFS partition as SWAP!?!

    Hi!

    Yesterday I was about to make a backup off my linux partition (Gentoo) and booted Knoppix 3.$ from CD for that reason. When I started up partimage I saw that my linux partition was shown as swap. Puzzled by that I checked my partitions with cfdisk and everything seemed normal. So I rebooted to go back to my Gentoo install and it wouldn't boot. Argh! so I started up Knoppix again to do some research and looking at the bootup messages I noticed that Knoppix mounted my linux partition /dev/hda6 as SWAP. WTF?

    Fortunately I managed to restore my original file system with reiserfsck and a backup I had, but Knoppix is still mounting it as this partion as swap eventhough I have a swap partition as /dev/hda5. Whats wrong with Knoppix???

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Knoppix mounted ReiserFS partition as SWAP!?!

    --I sent an email to Klaus about this; hopefully we will hear back from him soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by beatz
    Hi!

    Yesterday I was about to make a backup off my linux partition (Gentoo) and booted Knoppix 3.$ from CD for that reason. When I started up partimage I saw that my linux partition was shown as swap. Puzzled by that I checked my partitions with cfdisk and everything seemed normal. So I rebooted to go back to my Gentoo install and it wouldn't boot. Argh! so I started up Knoppix again to do some research and looking at the bootup messages I noticed that Knoppix mounted my linux partition /dev/hda6 as SWAP. WTF?

    Fortunately I managed to restore my original file system with reiserfsck and a backup I had, but Knoppix is still mounting it as this partion as swap eventhough I have a swap partition as /dev/hda5. Whats wrong with Knoppix???

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2
    Any news?

    I still have the same problem. It makes Knoppix unusable for me. Is there any way to tell Knoppix not to use any partitions as swap?

    Thanx!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    The noswap cheatcode should work if you have the RAM.
    BTW what type does your reiser partition show as with "fdisk -l"?

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix-install doesn't detect swap partition
    By stonedyak in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-29-2004, 03:28 AM
  2. HD partition not mounted nor CDRW
    By mineral777 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 08:12 AM
  3. knoppix hdd install and swap partition ?
    By raphael24 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:48 PM
  4. possible to format partition as reiserfs during hdinstall?
    By stefan_isaacs in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 08:52 PM
  5. How to make my extra /home partition reiserfs
    By anibal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-06-2003, 05:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$89.99



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM picture

New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM

$19.95



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99