-
Junior Member
registered user
>your printer does not show up anymore?
My printer does appear in http://localhost:631/printers and stays in the "processing, accepting jobs" state. I try to print a test page, but it just becomes another job that is processing. I checked the /etc/cups/printers.conf and it is there. I did the /etc/init.d/cupsys restart as you suggested, although I didn't change the configuration file, so I wasn't surprised nothing changed.
The printer (using the parallel port) was working normally for a few months until the problem showed up two days ago. The printing of a document doesn't get past the processing phase in the http://localhost:631/jobs. (to be more accurate, the first document is in processing, and all the others are pending. I have already removed all priting jobs and sent new documents, but the same thing happens)
I don't have any classes in http://localhost:631/classes. Is that normal? I read from http://localhost:631/overview.html that "Printer classes are collections of printers"
What do I put in name, location, description? I put the printer name for the name and description, clicked on continue and cups gave me "client-error-not-possible"
What do I do next? I can't find the "add class" help anywhere for acceptable things to fill in.
Similar Threads
-
By jackiechen858 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-26-2004, 04:16 PM
-
By Paradox in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 09:51 AM
-
By bro in forum General Support
Replies: 16
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 09:03 PM
-
By dobell in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 01:55 PM
-
By LukeGraham in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-03-2003, 09:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99