-
Senior Member
registered user
Well, I'm sorry if my apt-get upgrade advice screwed things up. A couple of comments:
1. You will still see apache, samba, and other things because the startup scripts are still there even though the application isn't. You can remove /etc/init.d/apache and /etc/init.d/samba and that should take care of it.
2. I don't ever recall seeing segmentation fault errors during boot up. I'm not sure what causes that.
3. The long time required to load KDE is probably due to X searching for font directories that aren't there. I had a similar problem and I think you can fix it by running the "fix-fonts" script here: http://kanotix.com/files/
4. Did you install "Debian-style" or "Knoppix-style"? I have always used the "Debian-style" and I don't see the green bar you describe in runlevel 1 (ctl+alt+F1). It is just text. I do see the green bar when running from the CD as this is shown when autoconfiguring hardware takes place. I'm not sure about "Knoppix-style" install because I haven't run it. My guess is that the upgrade changed something that is causing the hardware auotconfiguration problems.
I guess now is a good time to re-partition, sorry
If you don't want to re-install, you could probably fix things, but I don't have experience with the "Knoppix-style" install (which I am assuming that you have).
Similar Threads
-
By renderer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 09:41 PM
-
By ilovelinux98 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 09:46 AM
-
By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 05:26 PM
-
By Magik in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-29-2004, 07:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$14.24

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236
$549.99

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$21.05

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM
$17.99

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99

OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015
$26.98

apple oem cube 5w charger
$6.99

Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter
$34.99