-
I tried to install Debian style but I end up with no working network, I think I also had a problem with ext3. The partition ended up mounted ext2 read only. Actually, even though the Knoppix CD worked fine on my system, I had to use the Overclockix CD to get a successful install. I had to install Knoppix style even with that and everything seemed fine. BTW I am running on a i810 chipset mb with a celeron 700 Coppermine.
It looks like X loads the fonts ok Goes right by that w/o errors.
The green progress bar and working signal is new since synaptic packages upgrade and reboot.
I agree with you. It looks like something fubared with the updates. I'm sure it's something I did and not your sound advice.
I was planning a re-install anyway. This is a labor of love. My goal with this is to learn. My goal is being met! I have my familiar XP box running right along side the Linux box and connected with a KVM switch. No worries 
I would prefer to use the Debian style install. Any idea why I do not get a working network with it or how to get it right? Seems like I should be able to use the Knoppix CD as well as the Overclockix. Maybe I should wait for the Knoppix 3.4 release. I believe it's due any time now.
Similar Threads
-
By renderer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 09:41 PM
-
By ilovelinux98 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 09:46 AM
-
By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 05:26 PM
-
By Magik in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-29-2004, 07:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95