Yes. See this:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqInstall
Hello
First off all , is this possible? I do not just want to have it nested but i want to completely install it on 1 partition so i can choose what operating system to boot . Can i do that and how?
If not, is there any other distro similar to knoppix that can be installed on a drive?
thanks![]()
Yes. See this:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqInstall
I followed the instructions in the faq. The install progresses nicely until I am asked if I wish to make a boot floppy. I do not have a floppy drive. The machine quits responding to keyboard so tab to [no] does not work. I have tried this three times now and it gets stuck each time. I have tested the cd and it is fine.Originally Posted by fingers99
1) Use knoppix-installer
2) Configure an installation then Quit.
3) Say 'yes' to save your configuration.
4) Edit the file .knofig
5) Look for this line:
# Default value is: yes
BOOT_DISK="yes"
6) Change 'yes' to 'no'
7) Save the file
knoppix-installer
9) DO NOT load a previously saved config as it will find .knofig automatically.
HTH
thanks. i will try that on saturday. i gave up for today.
(Newbie here)
Just installed 3.2 into HD. typed CTRL-ALT-F1 and did the udpates.
How do I get back to KDE from C-A-F1 ?
Thanks,
Paul Barton
CTRL+ALT+F5 (could be F2-9, but F5 is 99%certain in knoppix)

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99
Maxed HP MicroServer Gen8 3.5GHz Xeon E3-1270 V2 16GB RAM 40TB RAID 1TB SSD NAS
$1499.00
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99