-
installing knoppix on hard drive
Hello
First off all , is this possible? I do not just want to have it nested but i want to completely install it on 1 partition so i can choose what operating system to boot . Can i do that and how?
If not, is there any other distro similar to knoppix that can be installed on a drive?
thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
-

Originally Posted by
fingers99
I followed the instructions in the faq. The install progresses nicely until I am asked if I wish to make a boot floppy. I do not have a floppy drive. The machine quits responding to keyboard so tab to [no] does not work. I have tried this three times now and it gets stuck each time. I have tested the cd and it is fine.
-
Senior Member
registered user
1) Use knoppix-installer
2) Configure an installation then Quit.
3) Say 'yes' to save your configuration.
4) Edit the file .knofig
5) Look for this line:
# Default value is: yes
BOOT_DISK="yes"
6) Change 'yes' to 'no'
7) Save the file
knoppix-installer
9) DO NOT load a previously saved config as it will find .knofig automatically.
HTH
-
thanks. i will try that on saturday. i gave up for today.
-
(Newbie here)
Just installed 3.2 into HD. typed CTRL-ALT-F1 and did the udpates.
How do I get back to KDE from C-A-F1 ?
Thanks,
Paul Barton
-
Senior Member
registered user
CTRL+ALT+F5 (could be F2-9, but F5 is 99%certain in knoppix)
Similar Threads
-
By Torgo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-10-2005, 01:39 PM
-
By linuxnewbie01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 03:55 AM
-
By Bubba in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 06:19 PM
-
By stupidkid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-28-2003, 06:59 AM
-
By Andy from Somerset in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-23-2003, 07:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB 2.5" SATA III 3D NAND SSD MZ-76E2T0 94-100% Health
$207.00

Samsung PM43H 43" Commercial Display READ
$300.00

Samsung Galaxy 9.6'' Tablet - E SM-T560NU - Black - 16GB Gray | For Parts
$35.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor
$41.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00