-
Re: problem booting past first screen

Originally Posted by
kornface13
Everytime I try to boot from the CD, it doesn't work. I will load and go to the screen that says Knoppix. Then I get some sort of menu type thing. It has a bunch of commands I can do and it says boot, and I can type stuff. If you let it sit for a minute the screen goes black and it wont do anything. I need help. Is there some command i have to enter? Any help would be great.
and i also hear that it starts with the german keyboard layout. what am i going to need to do to get it up and running?
Same here! Actually, this problem only happens on my newer system. Knoppix boots up and runs beautifully on my old Dell Precision 410. It's a dual P3-550MHz w/1 GB RAM. However, when I try Knoppix on my newer P4, it hangs right at the point where it's trying to detect hard drive partitions. I wonder if it has a problem with the serial ATA interface?!? Below is my system configuration that Knoppix is hanging on. I've never been able to get it past the initial X desktop image with the Knoppix logo. The computer completely locks up at that point and I have to hit the reset button.
ASUS motherboard with integrated Intel SoundMAX audio
2.8 GHz P4 with Hyperthreading
1 GB DDR400 RAM
120 GB SATA drive
64MB Nvidia GeForce 4
I did try disabling hyperthreading, since we had issues with HT on our HP/Compaq servers at work on some legacy apps. It didn't seem to make any difference with Knoppix.
Similar Threads
-
By gradnite in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 07:30 PM
-
By Cykke in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By JoeNEEDSHELP in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-19-2004, 03:42 AM
-
By Guardian in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 09:18 AM
-
By flexyjerkov in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 07:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge T440 Tower Server 2x Intel Gold 5118 and 128GB 2400MHZ DDR4
$1840.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$95.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI Barebone CTO GPU Server 2x Heatsinks 2x 1600W PSU
$319.99

Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205
$317.56

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00