please tell me how to copy the data to the ramdisk
tia
Woot!
A contractor in my office fried his company laptop Windoze XP boot sector. His company tech-support told him that to get any data off the disk he would have to Fed-ex the hard-drive or take in the laptop to the home office (several states away!).
Knoppix got what we needed in about 30 minutes!
I booted his Dell Latitude with Knoppix and a borrowed Sony USB CD-RW plugged in. It recognized all the hardware right off the bat (Thank-you Klaus!) I copied the data from NTFS to the Knoppix Ramdisk and burned a CD with everything he HAD to have using XCD-Roast.
Knoppix is just Too Cool
I am NEVER going anywhere without a Knoppix boot disk handy.
please tell me how to copy the data to the ramdisk
tia
The knoppix file system is the ramdisk, so if you just do a copy from the mounted Windows filesystem to (for example) /home, you'll be copying to the ramdisk. That is why the separate CD burner would have been needed (as the boot cd would be unavailable).
Brett Turcotte.
The laptop I was on when I did this had 512MB so I had a large ramdisk that I could use. I just copied from the windows partition to a new directory under Home.
Does that help?

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$699.99
Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00