please tell me how to copy the data to the ramdisk
tia
Woot!
A contractor in my office fried his company laptop Windoze XP boot sector. His company tech-support told him that to get any data off the disk he would have to Fed-ex the hard-drive or take in the laptop to the home office (several states away!).
Knoppix got what we needed in about 30 minutes!
I booted his Dell Latitude with Knoppix and a borrowed Sony USB CD-RW plugged in. It recognized all the hardware right off the bat (Thank-you Klaus!) I copied the data from NTFS to the Knoppix Ramdisk and burned a CD with everything he HAD to have using XCD-Roast.
Knoppix is just Too Cool
I am NEVER going anywhere without a Knoppix boot disk handy.
please tell me how to copy the data to the ramdisk
tia
The knoppix file system is the ramdisk, so if you just do a copy from the mounted Windows filesystem to (for example) /home, you'll be copying to the ramdisk. That is why the separate CD burner would have been needed (as the boot cd would be unavailable).
Brett Turcotte.
The laptop I was on when I did this had 512MB so I had a large ramdisk that I could use. I just copied from the windows partition to a new directory under Home.
Does that help?

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung - 990 PRO 1TB Internal SSD PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2
$200.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+ Plus 11” 128GB Android Tablet Graphite BRAND NEW SEALED.
$214.99