Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: NIC not found after HD install

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    15

    NIC not found after HD install

    I've done a HD install of 3.4-c't version but when I try and configure the nic I get a " no supported network cards found"

    before the install and also after the install when booting of the CD it finds the nic fine.

    I've tried to the limit of my very limited knowledge, but have not got anywhere, so would appreciate any pointers.

    thanks

    DinB

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Well first of all we need to know what kind of NIC you have. Please post the entire output of lspci -v

    Also please post the entire output of lsmod

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    15
    thanks for the reply

    uhm now I am confused as when I booted the machine to get the settings it picked up the NIC fine.

    The only change to the machine is that I had been testing a digital TV card in that box to see if it was picked up by the 2.6 Kernel. I removed it last night and put it back in a windows box.

    thanks for trying to help anyway and I'll post more info should I have another issue in the future

    DinB

Similar Threads

  1. kernel 2.6 no init found on hd install
    By tortele in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 06:26 PM
  2. NIC Card not found after hd install
    By camper in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-28-2003, 05:47 AM
  3. failed hdd-install (no init found)
    By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:03 PM
  4. Network not found after hd install.
    By .-=Ronin=-. in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 08:47 PM
  5. hnx-install not found
    By ast in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD. picture

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.

$629.99



Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852 picture

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852

$559.00



Ibm Computer Tower picture

Ibm Computer Tower

$400.00



IBM System S822 Dual Socket Server Motherboard W/Cage FRU P/N: 74Y4343 Tested picture

IBM System S822 Dual Socket Server Motherboard W/Cage FRU P/N: 74Y4343 Tested

$499.99



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



Pre Owned | IBM System x3650 M4 AC1 Server with 1x Intel CPU & 16GB RAM picture

Pre Owned | IBM System x3650 M4 AC1 Server with 1x Intel CPU & 16GB RAM

$154.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$200.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99