-
Junior Member
registered user
How to Image an NTFS partition with Knoppix
My daughter's Windows XP Home NTFS disk is failing. I would like to
make a bootable image of this disk on a new hard disk. Is this possible
now under Knoppix 3.4? Partimage? "dd?" Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Alex
-
Well. I use partimage to create a copy of my NTFS partition using Knoppix 3.3. The creation worked fine, but the restore wasn't so sucessfull. The restoration process was ok, but, when I try to boot from may restored partition, windows wasn't unable to load. But, appears that the data files were ok.
I will try again, but this time i wil use LinuxDefender (http://www.bitdefender.com/bd/site/p..._id=25&n_id=58) . This is another live cd distro, which presumes to read and write NTFS partitions. I will try to report my results when I'm done
-
Junior Member
registered user
ntfsclone?
Have you tried nftsclone under Knoppix or LinuxDefender?
Similar Threads
-
By yaleyu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-03-2005, 03:27 PM
-
By zette in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-04-2005, 03:03 PM
-
By XPuser1 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2005, 08:12 AM
-
By krikke in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 12
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 08:39 PM
-
By TLis in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-SPEED Shuttle XL 8-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID ENCLOSURE ONLY
$550.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99

Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 4x Cad 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers
$164.95