-
Junior Member
registered user
Hello:
I'm a relatively seasoned DOS/WinTel user but a brand new arrival to Linux thanks to Mr. Knopper, his dedicated crew and this fantastic linux distro. ;-D
Thank you, Klaus Knopper!
Just last night I was wondering about how to get around the same problem posted by Jesse. Went to shell with Ctrl+Alt+F1 but did not how to get back to the desktop. 8-/
Needless to say, I felt very frustrated as I looked all over but could not find the needed info.
eg:
How to list a directory content the same way I do it in DOS with the command c:\ dir /p ?
Or search all over a disk with c:\ dir *.abc /s ?
I am desperately needing a compendium of all the command line instructions the Linux shell will accept or a dictionary of DOS --> Linux commands so as to make my transition to Linux a bit less rispid.
Thanks in advance,
CIV
Similar Threads
-
By teccim in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 04:09 PM
-
By greygooseplz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 05:58 AM
-
By bob58 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 11:10 PM
-
By wilsondk in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-18-2004, 10:04 PM
-
By Ambrose in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-08-2003, 02:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00