Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: running Descent 3 natively

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    here
    Posts
    22

    running Descent 3 natively

    Well, I've got it run with winex but would much rather run it native. . .(The Loki demo works great!)

    I've got the 2 Disc set of Descent 3 which has a Dedicated server tar.gz and .rpm on it, but is there a way to just run/install it like as a client ??? (There is no setup.sh anywhere on either cd's). . .

    I've unzipped it into /usr/local/games/descent3
    and can only do the following:
    ./descent3 -dedicated dedicated.cfg -svgalib
    (which actually starts a deticated server)
    But still can't play it!

    I've even installed a launcher and when I run that I get:
    stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device
    Descent 3 Linux Dedicated Server
    Copyright (C) 1999 Outrage Entertainment, Inc.
    Error: -dedicated flag required
    stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device

    which means it can only run as a dedicated server!

    Also, is there a Descent3 installer like they have for MOHAA and Other games I've seen?
    I've looked everywhere. . .

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    here
    Posts
    22
    I figured it out
    I have to get the Loki Linux Version of Descent 3
    there is no port you can download, it only comes on their CD's. . .Bummer!

Similar Threads

  1. Running Lyx 1.3.4
    By Rob_S in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 11:45 PM
  2. Running Knoppix in without the X Server running....
    By Raineri in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
  3. Running without HD
    By Levon in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-20-2003, 01:13 AM
  4. what am I running?
    By Allowee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-22-2003, 06:33 AM
  5. Possible?: running only from the ram?
    By dvessey in forum Ideas
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 01:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 11 Micron 32GB PC4-21300 DDR4-2666V Server Memory MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1QG picture

Lot of 11 Micron 32GB PC4-21300 DDR4-2666V Server Memory MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1QG

$1650.00



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2 picture

Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2

$30.00



1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM picture

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM

$320.00



SK Hynix 32GB(1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V-R DDR4 ECC Memory RDIMM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB(1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V-R DDR4 ECC Memory RDIMM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$200.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99