Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: running Descent 3 natively

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    here
    Posts
    22

    running Descent 3 natively

    Well, I've got it run with winex but would much rather run it native. . .(The Loki demo works great!)

    I've got the 2 Disc set of Descent 3 which has a Dedicated server tar.gz and .rpm on it, but is there a way to just run/install it like as a client ??? (There is no setup.sh anywhere on either cd's). . .

    I've unzipped it into /usr/local/games/descent3
    and can only do the following:
    ./descent3 -dedicated dedicated.cfg -svgalib
    (which actually starts a deticated server)
    But still can't play it!

    I've even installed a launcher and when I run that I get:
    stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device
    Descent 3 Linux Dedicated Server
    Copyright (C) 1999 Outrage Entertainment, Inc.
    Error: -dedicated flag required
    stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device

    which means it can only run as a dedicated server!

    Also, is there a Descent3 installer like they have for MOHAA and Other games I've seen?
    I've looked everywhere. . .

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    here
    Posts
    22
    I figured it out
    I have to get the Loki Linux Version of Descent 3
    there is no port you can download, it only comes on their CD's. . .Bummer!

Similar Threads

  1. Running Lyx 1.3.4
    By Rob_S in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 11:45 PM
  2. Running Knoppix in without the X Server running....
    By Raineri in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
  3. Running without HD
    By Levon in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-20-2003, 01:13 AM
  4. what am I running?
    By Allowee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-22-2003, 06:33 AM
  5. Possible?: running only from the ram?
    By dvessey in forum Ideas
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 01:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Lot 300 Micron 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-21300 DDR4-2666V ECC Registered Server Memory RAM picture

Lot 300 Micron 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-21300 DDR4-2666V ECC Registered Server Memory RAM

$9000.00



64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 3200MHz Sk Hynix RAM 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA HMAA4GS6CJR8N-XN picture

64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 3200MHz Sk Hynix RAM 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA HMAA4GS6CJR8N-XN

$310.00



Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module

$29.25



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$30.00



Buffalo 16GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory Module picture

Buffalo 16GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory Module

$545.99



A-Tech RAM 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300 DIMM/2666MHz picture

A-Tech RAM 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300 DIMM/2666MHz

$50.00



Ram Cards, 4 GB, LOT OF 16 picture

Ram Cards, 4 GB, LOT OF 16

$116.00