-
Junior Member
registered user
running Descent 3 natively
Well, I've got it run with winex but would much rather run it native. . .(The Loki demo works great!)
I've got the 2 Disc set of Descent 3 which has a Dedicated server tar.gz and .rpm on it, but is there a way to just run/install it like as a client ??? (There is no setup.sh anywhere on either cd's). . .
I've unzipped it into /usr/local/games/descent3
and can only do the following:
./descent3 -dedicated dedicated.cfg -svgalib
(which actually starts a deticated server)
But still can't play it!
I've even installed a launcher and when I run that I get:
stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Descent 3 Linux Dedicated Server
Copyright (C) 1999 Outrage Entertainment, Inc.
Error: -dedicated flag required
stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device
which means it can only run as a dedicated server!
Also, is there a Descent3 installer like they have for MOHAA and Other games I've seen?
I've looked everywhere. . .
Similar Threads
-
By Rob_S in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 14
Last Post: 08-08-2004, 11:45 PM
-
By Raineri in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
-
By Levon in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-20-2003, 01:13 AM
-
By Allowee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-22-2003, 06:33 AM
-
By dvessey in forum Ideas
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-09-2003, 01:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **
$99.99

Macintosh MacTerminal M0521 Version 1.0. Vintage Apple software 1984 Sealed
$129.99

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer - Works
$169.99

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2
$109.99