-
GNOME install problems
Hi,
I did a Hdd install of Knoppix 3.3-2004-02-16-EN. After booting up I opened up a root console and ran apt-get update (not enough diskspace for apt-get upgrade) and then apt-get install -t unstable gnome-desktop environment (couldn't get stable or testing to install without getting errors). After the download and install completed I rebooted. Upon trying to log in, it would send me back to the same screen, whether I was trying to log into a gnome-session or kde3. I can, however, log into a gnome-session under root (didn't try kde3). Does anybody have any idea of what went wrong?
-Sean
Similar Threads
-
By mail2ian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2005, 02:22 AM
-
By rniles in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 02:55 AM
-
By nosebleed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 04:58 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Ideas
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 02:10 PM
-
By popuman in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-15-2003, 05:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99