-
Writing to / and subdirs.
Hi, folks.
I searched hi and low before asking this because I felt sure someone else would have had the question. But I couldn't find a single one! Maybe I'm just dense.
I'm not a newbie to Linux by any means, but I am fairly new to Knoppix...though I have managed to remaster a time or two.
I would like to be able to install software (debs for example, or just software I compile under knoppix) on the running knoppix system. I don't want to remaster and don't want the changes to stick, just want to play with something new. But I can't b/c the root filesystem is always mounted read-only. I tried
# mount -o remount,rw /dev/cloop /KNOPPIX
and was able to write to /, but still couldn't write to any subdirs. Is there a trick or am I wanting to do the impossible?
Many thanks,
Ben
Similar Threads
-
By sunnmoon in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-15-2005, 04:08 PM
-
By fmfischer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2005, 11:07 AM
-
By irvine in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 03:27 AM
-
By Superstoned in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-02-2003, 07:56 PM
-
By Coma0 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2003, 02:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60