-
Whoops... n00b roots showing!
Hi folks, hope the mass mind can help:
HD died, so I put an old 8 gig'er in and reinstalled knoppix (Danix actually, until I can get the real deal in 3.4!). Now, the new knoppix OS won't let me have anything but read access to my hdb1.
I've checked, and I've disabled read only, giver rwx to all 3 levels, and the owner of the files are the same as my new user.
Hair is now being pulled out, and I'd reformat the hard drive, if qtparted would let me.
Advice? Help!
Thanks in advance,
grend
-
Senior Member
registered user
Sounds like a clicking problem. Stop clicking, start typing.
1) su
2) mount /dev/hdb1 /mnt/hdb1
3) mount
Is your drive there and mounted rw? Here's what it should look like:
/dev/hdb1 on /mnt/hdb1 type ext3 (rw)
Qtparted:
1) su
2) qtparted
I must ask why you want to use qtparted to format a drive. That's using an elephant gun to kill a flea. Does qtparted actually format anyway? I dunno - never used it (too complicated for me
)
I do this:
mke2fs /dev/hdb1
tune2fs -j /dev/hdb1
That gives you a nice ext3 file system. gluck!
Similar Threads
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 06:44 AM
-
By ldp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 08:21 AM
-
By chapium in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 03:42 PM
-
By extradudeguy in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 12:49 PM
-
By srinivasan in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-11-2003, 07:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Console 100% Tested Working
$500.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25