very nice!!! thank you tick tock! I'll be dloading it tomorrow and will let you know what I think. If it is good which it sure looks it, I'm sure I can scrounge a couple of dollars up to donate from the guys at work.
Me and the rest of the team are playing with it now. We're really liking it so far!
Great job t1ck_t0ck!
--RuffRidr
very nice!!! thank you tick tock! I'll be dloading it tomorrow and will let you know what I think. If it is good which it sure looks it, I'm sure I can scrounge a couple of dollars up to donate from the guys at work.
I tried the KNOPPIX-STD it works great. I have a re-master at my site called the Penguin Sleuth Kit. You can check it out at:
www.linux-forensics.com
I also posted a validation study that I did on Knoppix. It doesn't look so good for EXT3 and reiser partitions. I have found that mounting read-only on reiser and EXT3 partitions changes the state of the drive. The study is in the publications section of my website and comes on my penguin sleuth CD. There is a link in my download sections that explains what Penguin Sleuth has on it.
A couple of things.
1) Penquin sleuth kit looks great. can't wait to try it out.
2) the Knoppix validation paper is a must read. Everyone even vaguely interested in doing an autopsy on a Linux box using a Linux OS like STD (or PSK or FIRE or....) should read this paper! [www.linux-forensics.com]
3) www.knopix-std.org is down. Bandwidth exceeded. I'm not surprised. My monthly bandwidth allowance was 16 GB and I was using about 25 GB a DAY :).
In the week that I've had the iso posted I've had nearly 600 downloads. Thanks for the support! I'm glad you're finding it useful.
Please bare wth me. I expect to have a mirror on ibiblio soon as well as sourceforge. I'll also be ditching the ghetto ass ISP I've been using. DON'T EVER USE 5gbhosting.com. (I should have known the pricing was too good to be true. I should have done my research. I know better than this...)
At any rate. The site should be back soon. STD is just getting started.
I do have to admit STD is very well organized. I have a quick correction. My Validation Paper is not on My CD yet. I released the first ISO before the paper. I will be including it with next weeks release. I have to do one or two cosmetic changes to Penguin Sleuth (Can you believe i mispelled version) plus add the paper. The paper though is available on my web site for now. The good news is that there has been some work done on figuring out the potential problems and it looks like you will still be able to use the CD's to mount the partitions. You will just have to do it from a command line with certain switches. I am not sure yet on the verdict. I will try to post another paper when the possible solution is figured out. I'll keep you posted.....
Thanks
Ernie Baca
www.linux-forensics.com

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro
$240.00
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$189.99
Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00